Friday, October 30, 2009

Our BIG News :)


This is the first picture of our little "gummy bear" as Tyler calls him/her... We are at 12 weeks now but this picture was from our 9 week appointment :)

I am sure there are many more pictures to come!! We found out we were having a baby on Wednesday, September 2nd 2009! Tyler already had gone to work. I was only one day late, but that was odd for me (usually like clockwork). I took the test and - BAM! Two lines right away! I was laughing and crying and couldn't sit still... I kept going to the bathroom to the bedroom and the back to the bathroom to re-examine those two lines.

I did not want to tell Tyler over the phone while he was at work, so I got a really cute "congrats on becoming a parent" card and placed in on his pillow for when he returned for work. I am pretty sure Tyler knew something was up when he pulled in the driveway and saw me waiting for him on our front porch. I am sure I had the goofiest smile on my face too. I followed him upstairs and pointed out that there was a card on his pillow... I just couldn't wait!! He opened it and we hugged & kissed sharing our excitement together!

We kept our BIG secret between the two of us for a week and then shared with our parents first. We gave our parents a card that said "Sweet Pea" on the front. Inside was blank so we wrote, "Your sweet pea will be arriving sometime in May." and also put a photograph of the positive pregnancy test. My mom was bawling, "Are you trying to tell us you guys are pregnant?" Yes mom we are trying - is it working??? hahaha... My dad got a little teary eyed as well. Tyler's mom hugged us with wet eyes and Tyler's dad's response was, "When I woke up this morning I had a feeling you were going to tell us that." Send him to the races!! ha! We enjoyed sharing our news with them.

After our parents knew, we went straight to our siblings to inform them of their new titles: Aunt & Uncle. They were all very excited! Around 10-11 weeks we started to tell other family members and close friends. Then 12 weeks hit and we have this blog, announced our new family member on facebook, and have been sharing our joy with whoever wants to listen!!

I have been feeling GREAT! A little tired from time-to-time but no morning sickness or anything like that - lucky me :) We got to see the heartbeat during this first sonogram but we are looking forward to hearing our little one's heart beat on Wednesday. We are also hoping to find out if it is a boy or a girl sometime before Christmas... YEAH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment