I've been working on the tune/lyrics for a little while and I have just begun to play the song all the way through without welling up with big fat tears.
I usually do not share any of the songs I write or play on the guitar because it is just something I like to do to for me... no vocal or guitar lessons - I just love playing around. I have had requests to share Aliyah's lullaby so please keep in mind that I am just a mama who loves her baby. I will NOT be attending any auditions to American Idol :)
I am so blessed to be carrying this child. All I can think about is dancing around the living room with her in my arms, or watching Tyler cuddle with her as I play her song.
This is your song Aliyah. I wrote this for you and you alone. I hope it always plays in your heart no matter where this wide world takes you.
Dream big.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Marcie; It's absolutely beautiful. What an amazing gift to your daughter.
ReplyDeleteReminds me of your dad playing for us as kids. You will be an amazing parent. :)
ReplyDelete