Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another Day at the Doctor's

Yesterday was the last day that I get to see my OB until she returns from Europe on May 10th! I suppose I could see her again if this little one decides to come over the weekend, but since Aliyah hasn't even dropped yet, I am hoping for her to hold out until at least May 10th :)

I was so encouraged by my OB yesterday after giving her a copy of our 'birth vision' - she read it, said that it looked great and then told me, "If I am at your delivery or not, stick to your guns. You absolutely can do this without an epidural and if that is what you want to do, don't let anybody else try to talk you into one." I JUST LOVE HER!!!! She has also delivered babies for other women who have used our doula - Vanessa Flood (check her out... we love her too) - and thinks that she is a great doula and will be a wonderful advocate for us as well. How could I not leave that office with a huge smile on my face?!?!

(Of course I know there is a time and a place for medical intervention and will go into labor with an open heart, but it is still pretty great to hear reassurance from my doctor that I CAN DO THIS!!)

On the other hand... The weight thing finally hit me yesterday as I stepped on the scale to find that I’ve now gained 30 pounds overall and while it’s not a huge concern - the nurse did say to me “Marcie, your little girl is going to spend her last few weeks putting on weight - so the more weight you gain, you more weight she gains - and the more weight she gains, the more weight you have to deliver”

Then I made a face like this:

But after my appointment, Tyler treated me to dinner and despite the warnings I finished things off with a chocolate malt milkshake. My reasoning: Baby fat is squishy stuff, right?

Also, I’m an inch away from no longer fitting into booth seating anymore. Getting in and out is a lot like trying to pick out the funny bone in the game Operation without getting buzzed.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Marcie. Love the blog. You guys are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the weight! If you are nursing, you will drop it really quick! Enjoy those chocolate malts while you still have an excuse :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! You little monkey!!!

    ReplyDelete