Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Recap

You gave us a little scare this weekend. Your typical ninja/square dance routine of kicking me constantly came to a screeching halt on Saturday and as much as I tried not to worry, I finally caved in and called the doctor at the end of the day. “She’s just not moving like she normally does” I said to them, thinking of how I’ve spent all day visiting with friends and family with my hands on my belly waiting for you to wiggle around growing increasingly concerned.

To make sure everything is ok in there, they told us to come visit the labor/delivery area at the hospital for a non-stress test to monitor your heart rate and movements since it was after-hours at the main office.

We were given the blessing of listening to your heart beat for 30 mins (part of the test) while I laid back and watched The Animal Planet. The good news is that you appear to be in a period of growth and your decreased movements are due to less room for you to move around in my belly.

They said your heart sounded perfectly healthy and the machine even showed that I was having (VERY) minor contractions - cool!! What started off as a great concern ended up as a lovely night of confirmations that you are strong and healthy.

Keep growing and we’ll keep dreaming

2 comments:

  1. scary, scary business I know! I had to do those 4-5 times and then my last 2 weeks I had to come in to the office twice a week b/c of my diabetes. So glad everything is ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She just wanted to get your attention ;) Glad things are well ~ we will both be meeting our little girls soon :)

    ReplyDelete