Thursday, August 25, 2011
10 Things I'm Not Too Proud Of...
1. I don’t go to the doctor like I should. The only exception was when I was pregnant - I went to a doctors' office more times last year (to ensure my body was in fine condition for growing a child) than I did total in the 5 years prior.
2. The living room can become a disaster when it comes to piles of laundry. I don’t mind washing and folding, it’s the putting it away that drives me nuts.
3. I cannot for the life of me open up a tube of crescent rolls (I am getting anxiety just thinking about it). I refuse to deal with a randomly exploding tube. On the same note... a jack-in-the-box seriously creeps me out probably in the same way that clowns or monkeys disturb some people.
4. Even though I have gotten extremely better, I can get a mean case of road rage. People who drive really slow, take too long to go when the light turns green, or hold up a line of turning cars by being overly cautious can see a side of me that only escapes when I’m behind the wheel of a car. Tyler has taught me to think of every slow driver I encounter as if it were him behind the wheel (i.e. with patience and kindness) - yes, my handsome man drives like my grandpa... It only works sometimes.
5. When Tyler and I get into an argument, sometimes instead of trying to talk it out like he wants to, I just shut up. Refuse to talk. do not respond. It drives him bonkers and I know it.
6. I let my nails grow long and pretty for weeks, then something will trigger inside me (usually it's learning a new song on my guitar) and I’ll chop them all off in less than a minute.
7. I’m can be hard to get a hold of. I have a love/hate relationship with email and an on-again-off-again relationship with my cell phone. Sometimes I wish it was 1892 and the only way to communicate was via horseback and smoke signal.
8. I cannot remember the last time we have had fast-food. Our diets have completely changed for the good since Aliyah started eating off our plates... however... sometimes, if Aliyah falls asleep while we are out running errands, I sneak into a McDonald's drive-through and order fries for a mid-day snack.
9. I was mean to my brother when I was in middle school. I bossed him around and tried to look cool in front my girlfriends. He could be a bratty little brother at times, but mostly, he just looked up to me and wanted to hang out. He loved me despite my attitude and I wish I could go back and put my 13 year old self in place. I love that guy!
10. I don’t write enough thank you notes. That bugs me to no end. What’s so important in my life that I can’t sit down and thank those who have done something kind for me? I manage to send them out sometimes, but often - I don’t. and I let the guilt of it build up and work me over on a regular basis. I should really just sit down and write them! ... I am STILL working on Aliyah's birthday thank yous - AGH
I still need a lot of work to be the woman I want to be, but I am okay with all the little lessons along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awwww
ReplyDeleteWe are works in progress. And, God still loves the work in progress. Now that's a wonderful God!! ~Esther:)
ReplyDeleteThat's a pretty good list, Earl! Love you!
ReplyDeleteMom xoxo