Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Earthquakes

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/
I know this isn't all that exciting, but I thought that I should document my first earthquake. Oklahoma has been experiencing many hefty quakes and on Sunday night, people in the KC area could feel the shakes from yet another Oklahoma earthquake.

I was sitting on our bed checking a few emails after settling Aliyah back down to sleep. At first, I thought it was the wind rattling the windows. Things got louder when the mirror on the dresser started to shake, rattling the necklaces I have draped over the side. Then, I noticed the bed I was sitting on was vibrating. YIKES!

I jumped off the bed and watched it for a second. That is when it hit me that it was so noisy with the windows/necklaces rattling. I ran into Aliyah's room (she was fast asleep) and by that time, everything had stopped. What Was That?!? I ran to Tyler (watching football downstairs) and asked if he felt anything. Nope. I wonder if it made a difference that I was on the top floor while Tyler was in the basement (or maybe Tyler was just really into the game?).

We are praying for those families who are in the midst of these quakes and sending a special prayer to keep my cousins safe who are living in Tulsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment