Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Aliyah's Sunshine Themed Birthday (part 2)

There were many things at Aliyah's party that I really loved, but here are two that stand out as my very favorites 1. Her special keep forever and ever party hat and 2. The Cake... Singing Happy Birthday AND You Are My Sunshine along with the expert way with which she (so politely) demolished her first ever birthday cupcake.

PARTY HAT
I absolutely LOVE this custom handmade hat by Stella and Livi. I sent her a picture of Aliyah's dress and I think she did an awesome job of bringing it all together! Can you see the hand sewn sun with a sparkle in the middle? Each yellow flower also has a small sparkle! presh...


CAKE SMASHING
Tyler made two layer lemon cakes and 24 cupcakes... amazing! (handmade tissue paper flower and Grammy's paper sun cupcake decorations)
Aliyah has never had even a little taste of cake and frosting before, so we didn’t know how she’d react to having an entire cupcake to herself but she took to it like a pro!
She even shared some with Dad (Tip: Naked babies are best for cake demolition)
Everyone sang Happy Birthday and then continued to serenade Aliyah with, You Are My Sunshine... completely melted my heart! Aliyah loved it all and gave everybody much deserved applause.

No comments:

Post a Comment