But this was a her first birthday. One of only a handful of birthdays that falls into that “super extra special” category - her first, her thirteenth, her sixteenth, her twenty first. This party was more for those people who have had the joy of watching her grow and flourish this past year and so all of the extra effort was worth it.
...I know what you’re thinking, “Gee Marcie, that sure is a lot of presents for a “no presents” party.” And you’re right. Tyler and I picked out 6 little gifts (and her big one: a play kitchen from her grandparents and us) for her thinking that would be all she had, but a few more were kindly brought by friends and family members. The good news is that we raised over $150 in donations for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. I was SO excited about that!
The key to pulling this off on our budget was a lot of pre-planning. I’ve been collecting party supplies (paper plates here, party decor there) a little bit at a time for months on end. We handmade as much as possible and I simply could not have pulled this off without amazing support from Aliyah's Grammy & Grandpa, YaYa & Bebop, and her awesome aunts & uncles. They helped with everything from party set-up, to cooking the food, running errands and decorations. Aliyah's grammy shared her creative skills (and paper/stamp supplies) to help me make most all of the decorations.What would we do without our amazing family?!!?!?
| Helping Dad ice cupcakes before the party |
| Playing in Aliyah's balloons |

No comments:
Post a Comment