Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Twirly-Whirly Girl

Very recently, Aliyah has started reacting to what we pick out for her to wear each day. If we pull out a pair of shoes she’s never seen before, she has to inspect them carefully for a few minutes before she’ll let us put them on her feet. She has her favorite shoes (depending on the day) and will become very opinionated on which pair she would like to wear.

When we put her in a twirl-worthy dress, she has begun to make the cutest high pitched “Ooooh!” noise. And after dressing her, if you set her down in front of a mirror, she will tilt her chin down, bat her eyes, and flirt with her reflection. Then she will spin and spin. It really is the most darling thing!

Tyler and I keep laughing at her obvious self approval. She’s cute as all get out, and now she KNOWS it - we are so in trouble!
While I absolutely love putting a little dress on Aliyah, I am well aware that the day may come when she says “No way mama, I want to wear an old t-shirt, blue jeans and tennis shoes!” ...So while she’s still willing to play along, I’m having fun putting her in pretty vintage dresses and big fluffy tutus.
The thing I love most about vintage dresses is that for half the price of a new dress, you get twice the charm and can almost guarantee no one else will be wearing the same thing at playgroup. With Fall on it's way, I like pairing them with brightly colored tights or a soft cotton cardigan.

1 comment:

  1. If she is anything like you and me she will be playing dress up in girly dresses for years to come! :)

    P.S. We are moving back to KC (135th and Blackbob). We will have to hang out once we are back.

    ReplyDelete