There is a girl I went to high school with... she became a wife... and then a mother (she is an amazing mother). She had a baby almost exactly one year after Aliyah was born.
I ooed & aahed over every baby picture she posted on facebook. He was so stinkin' cute. Unfortunately, his parents, grandparents, friends and family only had a short 27 days with Bo before the horror of SIDS completely changed everything.
She is still a mom. Her husband; a proud papa. and their baby lives in their hearts, mine and the hearts of so many others. Her family has probably touched more people than she knows. I pray for them often and am reminded to cherish each day knowing that life is never guaranteed.
I ooed & aahed over every baby picture she posted on facebook. He was so stinkin' cute. Unfortunately, his parents, grandparents, friends and family only had a short 27 days with Bo before the horror of SIDS completely changed everything.
She is still a mom. Her husband; a proud papa. and their baby lives in their hearts, mine and the hearts of so many others. Her family has probably touched more people than she knows. I pray for them often and am reminded to cherish each day knowing that life is never guaranteed.
I was running a few quick errands on Monday morning and realized that Everly was 27 days old. Bo immediately popped into my thoughts. On the way home, as I drove by a Party City, I decided that we should go in and get a blue balloon. Bo's mama has a blog called 27blueballoons if you want to read more about their story. Aliyah loved that we picked up a balloon. She fell asleep before we got home.
I put Aliyah to bed while Everly & I wrote Bo a message on his balloon.
When Aliyah woke up, we talked about Bo and decided to go outside to send his balloon to heaven for him.
Please check out the page Harvesting Hope to make a donation or purchase a ticket to a dinner event in Kansas City on October 19th. All of the money raised will go toward SIDS research and grief support services, including financial assistance with burial and funeral costs. Come out and enjoy an evening filled with food, fun, and friends in honor of Max and Bo and all of the babies lost to SID who are gone, but never forgotten.










No comments:
Post a Comment