Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth of July

Sunday was your first Fourth of July. Just like the innate need to nurture and protect you, there is a deep desire inside of us to make your holidays magical. Even though you will not remember this day, I will tell you that it was a special one for your father and me. I picked out a pretty dress for you to wear, we visited with family and friends all weekend. You slept through a lot. We took pictures...
We brought you home and propped you up for some more pictures...

Your father and I stood back and admired our sweet little girl in her red, white and blue. You smiled at us over and over and I was hoping that your little upturned mouth meant that just maybe we had succeeded in our mission. A magical Fourth of July - The very first of our many attempts to make your childhood as special as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment