Over the holiday weekend she decided to do some pretty amazing things - well, her mom and dad thought so anyway! She has started to sit up by herself,
I’m certain her stat updates aren't all that interesting to anyone except for our family - but it feels good to know our little girl is growing right on schedule. And now to my sweet, sweet 6 month old baby girl...
| Thanksgiving 2010 |
My Peaceful Dove,
Where have the months gone? How has half a year passed already since we first laid eyes on one another? I doubt you remember our first hour together, but I will never ever forget it. You were merely seconds old when I first wrapped my arms around you and in that instance, you became the anchor for my soul. I laid down my roots in your bright eyes. I ran my fingers across the tiny version of your father’s ears. In those first minutes, I promised to protect you with the fierceness of a lion and the vigilance of a mighty army.
You have always been that thing I needed, that missing reason, the source of my courage.
We celebrate your first six months with joyful hearts. We celebrate our first half year as your parents with grateful prayer. We thank the good Lord daily for our new found courage, fierceness, dedication, and our ability to love all we’ve been given more than we ever imagined.
Our new family motto is “Love, love here we are” and I feel like you are the tangible meaning of those words. Here we are in your small hands. Here we are in your morning laughter. Love, Love here we are, over and over again.
my whole heart,
mama

No comments:
Post a Comment