If you recall our first try with Santa... Aliyah suffered some serious "stranger danger"
We had high hopes for Aliyah's first visit with Santa as I assume most parents do. We thought Tyler's beard would have worked in Aliyah's favor, but she let out a wail shortly after plopping her in his lap. (even though Tyler and I were only steps away reassuring her, "It's okay Aliyah. Santa is a nice man!") It wasn't what we had expected from Ali's chill attitude, but we have to smile at our classic Christmas photo.... We were still crossing our fingers in anticipation for yesterday's visit.
The "grandmas" and I planned to take her to see Santa and then go to lunch together afterwards. Aliyah had on her beautiful Christmas dress (the one I started searching for as soon as Halloween was over so she would have the "perfect" Christmas dress). I sang along to Christmas songs in the car on the ride to Bass Pro. We met up with YaYa and Grammy at the front doors and made our way to the back of the store for our turn on the big guy's lap.
This Santa was amazing! Not only did he look like he stepped out of a Norman Rockwell painting or Classic Coca Cola advertisement, he had a sweet personality that was a perfect match to his jolly belly. There was no line. Santa walked over to us and started talking in a low quiet voice to Aliyah. She looked at him, then back at us. We smiled back at her...
"Well we better get a picture in while she is not screaming," I said with a little laugh. Santa, in his low quiet voice said, "Parents are always in such a rush. Kids don't care if there is a long line or no line. They just want to take it all in."
Ah... wise words from St. Nick. He allowed Aliyah to just stare at him and his beautiful twinkling lights that decorated his corner of the Bass Pro Shop. When she seemed more at ease, Santa sauntered to his over-sized wooden chair and sat down with a welcoming knee. This time Aliyah smiled, stuck out her tongue, and turned around to give his beard a little tug.
Santa took two pictures with Aliyah and then one with each of her groupies on the opposite knee. He was so sincere and happy. so patient. We left the store with 5 beautiful pictures of Aliyah and the best Santa ever!
I had a great afternoon with a few of my favorite ladies. Lunch was wonderful, the company was even better, and we definitely picked the right Santa for the job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment