Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Aliyah is Officially on Santa's Nice List

Although, Tyler says it is not fair that Aliyah has only had to be good for 6 months while he has been working really hard for the past 12 months... it wouldn't have really mattered what list she was on because mommy & daddy have been squirreling away many little goodies since we found out that we were going to be adding to our family over a year ago.


Here is what she is going to find wrapped up all pretty on Christmas morning:


this blabla mermaid doll was just too sweet to pass up! I found out about these soft knitted dolls a while back from a friend. They are a little pricey, so when I found a store close to us that had them on sale one weekend, I couldn't help myself. She is currently popping out of the top of Aliyah's stocking.


I thought that this Melissa and Doug wooden grasping toy is quite appropriate hence the grasping part. This little girl will grab and pull, twist and yank on anything in her personal (and not so personal) space. Maybe this will help limit the grasping of hair, drinks, dinner plates, necklaces,etc... maybe???


I love the colors and crinkle noises of this soft Lamaze shape sorter. simple and sweet.

Creatology music box set - Aliyah has shown such a love for strumming my or grandpa's guitar and shaking the jiggle bells we've given her - so I’m really excited to see her have a go at this box full of musical goodness. In our house, we’re always game for a little good old fashion noise making.

Tyler picked out these roll around touch and tickle balls from Fisher Price. Aliyah is really into textures so I think she will have a fun time chewing on these and chasing them across the floor (she is so close to crawling! right now she scoots backwards and rolls around)

Choo choo! I love a good train and this cutie from Melissa and Doug doubles as a stacking block set.

She’s also getting a swimsuit and towel so that we can start mommy/baby open swim Friday mornings, cute pjs, and quite a few items for eating/storing baby food and some sippy cups. But those things are more exciting to me than her, so I didn’t include them on this list. I know that I am forgetting something but that is about right these days... people were not joking about getting a "mom brain"
I’m really happy with what we’ve picked out. Beautiful, engaging, quality toys. We love toys that encourage movement, music, and problem solving.  All of them are reasonably priced too, which is important on our tight budget. (One more bonus: most of the things we got her didn't required me to take a single step inside a mall or shopping center!!)
What’s Santa bringing your babes this year?

2 comments:

  1. warning: as baby gets older, the toys get pricier. Two of my babies are getting a new computer and the other one a juicer.
    Merry Christmas, Aliyah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! so very true... sounds like they made it onto Santa's nice list as well!!! love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete