Friday, January 20, 2012

The Continuation of AND

Lately, I’ve been waking early and spending the first moments of my mornings thinking about the continuation of AND in my life.

For so long, it was just me. I was Marcie. singular.

Then Tyler came along and I acquired my first AND.

Marcie AND Tyler. There was someone else to worry about. someone else to care for. to love. someone else to consider and put before my own needs.

With Aliyah, my AND moved forward again.

Marcie, Tyler AND Aliyah. my time. my energy. my focused exploded in even newer directions as I watched her sweet presence change every facet of what we knew about love and affection. There was even more to consider, more weight to every decision, more motivation for every action we took.

So lately, I’ve been laying in bed, watching my big AND and my little AND sleep. I rest my hand on my budding baby bump as we snuggle in the soft cotton of our sheets and prepare my heart and mind for our AND to move again.

Marcie, Tyler, Aliyah AND sweet baby number two...
Sometime around the first of August, we will be four. Another warm body will fill our bed and we’ll all be carried along in the continuation of this beautiful life and the future possibilities of AND.

It feels so good to be a part of this.
Overwhelming Joy. Indescribably Blessed.

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh congratulations, Marcie! You are such a cute preggo - I can't wait to hear and see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcie...I love your blog! So wonderful to read. It's warming tot he heart! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I can't wait to meet baby Inzer #2! So happy for you. We need to get together sometime now that we live so close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats! Prepare your life to grow by one person and your heart to quadruple in capacity :)

    ReplyDelete