Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Final Countdown: 1 Week

These are for Everly's nurses, doctors and visitors! I made similar thank you treats when Aliyah was born too, but I don't think I ever posted them on the blog. My mom made these adorable tea packets and I made a few candy bar wrappers.                                                                                                    
I woke up this morning but kept my eyes closed. “Any day from this point forward would be a fine time to meet you” I thought quietly to Everly. I treated myself to a pedicure last night and got my toes painted baby pink which I thought was pretty appropriate! I am getting my hair trimmed today (that always makes me feel pretty), a lunch date with my mom and Aliyah put her small hand over my belly (as she often does) when she woke up this morning and said “Evie! Evie!” in an attempt to convince her sister to join us. Aliyah loves to grab random objects and books to press up against my bellybutton. She truly believes that Everly can see anything through my bellybutton. She will also try to look in it like it is a secret peep hole to her sister.

This evening, we will be whipping up a few meals to put in the freezer and enjoying the stillness of doing nothing. Everything is practically ready. Car seat is installed... the bassenet is set-up... our bags are all packed. I cannot find where I put any of Aliyah's baby socks and I still need to put together some music that I would like to listen to at the hospital. That's it!!

This girl is still riding low, low, low. It's been nice to be able to breath easier as her little feet are out of my lungs but this means more bathroom breaks and less sleep.

Whereas I spent a many of my laboring hours at the house in and out of the tub, cat napping and rocking back and forth to the record player when I was in early labor with Aliyah, we have been encouraged us to hit the road as soon as I’m in true labor this time. I’m really looking forward to laboring in water again and really not interested in having a baby on I-35 (Or in a Wendy’s parking lot!) so we’re following their orders and heading north for the 20 minute drive as soon as I’m certain that Everly is on her way.

2 comments:

  1. Oh belly buttons are windows, ha! Best wishes for a safe and healthy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait to hear she has arrived! What a cute idea for the nurses and doctors. Did I tell you I labored at home in our tub with Kristen Seager as my doula?

    ReplyDelete