Someone needs to tell this little girl that the exit out of my belly is not straight through my right side. She has been trying to Chuck Norris kick her way out for several weeks now and it’s really starting to hurt! But on the other hand it is a bit comforting to know there is a strong baby in there!
Every day I try to remember that this might be my last day feeling her safe and secure in my belly and having her all to myself. This might be my last day to parent Aliyah with ever fiber of my being tuned only to her and her needs. This might be my last day to sleep blissfully close and uninterrupted beside my husband for the next few months. I am looking so forward to the new journey that begins when we meet our daughter for the first time, but I’m also trying to savor the last few experiences of this chapter before the next one begins. Being a parent has taught me patience and I am putting it to practice right now.
In the meantime, I’m trying to stay comfortable with air conditioning blasting inside, massages from my wonderful husband, and a good long float in the swimming pool here and there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment