Monday, September 10, 2012

Celebrating Love

Aliyah and Everly's Grammy and Papa are celebrating 36 years of marriage today!!
It is such a special gift to find a person whose soul beats in time with your own. As they celebrate today, I am thankful for growing up in a home having them as my example of what love looks like and what a strong marriage can accomplish.

After I moved out of the house, I remember asking my mom if my dad and her ever fought (I seriously couldn't remember a time growing up when they even raised their voices at each other). She chuckled a little and said that they made a deal early on that they would never argue in front of their children. I learned that they did have disagreements from time-to-time but they always worked it out together when my brother and I were not around. They were - and still continue to be - a united front. a winning team. and today they deserve to celebrate.

Marriage isn't always easy, but these two make it look that way!
(these pictures are from Everly Jean's first Royals baseball game)

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of the girls...and love your selective remembering!!! Your dad is a very patient man...that maybe the secret!
    Love Mom/Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great! You do have wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete