Saturday, June 5, 2010

What it Feels Like to be a New Mom

It feels incredibly, overwhelmingly AMAZING having a little baby in the house... My heart is bursting with love and I am soaking up every minute of it!!!

However, I am a total mess! I had my first shower and brushed my hair for the first time in THREE days yesterday morning - (I’m pretty sure I combed out what was starting to become my first dreadlock.) I would like to venture out of the house but I seriously am this close from walking around the city looking like I belong on a late night episode of 'Cops' (you know the one where they arrest that crazy lady for making obscene gestures in the Wal-Mart parking lot)

I promise I will stay in hiding and come out when the dust settles, my other shoe reappears and I finally locate my leg razor...

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Welcome to the ”Parent Club”. Now you know why your parents looked that way.
    Love you if you look like a princess or a regular ol Mom.
    Your Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Dad!!! You are so sweet - LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha ~ I feel ya!! I keep telling myself that as long as Lilly is clean, well dressed, and happy I can always take a shower tomorrow.....

    My cousin has a two month old and says she's still only 'getting herself together' every two or three days. At least we're not alone =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think of all the money you are saving on water!

    ReplyDelete