Last week, while you laid between us we perfected our shadow puppet techniques on the ceiling with your glowing seahorse. I’m happy to report that Tyler does a fantastic wolf and I’m still working on my bunny.
Last night, we all laid down on the bed and attempted to read to you. Your dad scolded me for reading the words and not singing them in funny voices. “If you’re going to do it, do it right” he said. I think his life is just one huge musical - he sings around the house all the time! So we started over - singing them as we went and acting out each page while you laid there slumbering away.
All that signing moved us onto a few rounds of "If your happy and you know it"... Can you imagine two grown folks singing “If you’re happy and you know it kick your legs” with all 4 of their legs swaying up in the air above your head? That was us last night - having entirely too much fun.
You’ve been pretty oblivious to it all so far, but when the day comes that you do actually want to watch our puppet show, sing in a silly voice or kick your legs along to the song - we’ll be old pros.
You’ve been pretty oblivious to it all so far, but when the day comes that you do actually want to watch our puppet show, sing in a silly voice or kick your legs along to the song - we’ll be old pros.

I am sure you will get a good eye roll if you are still singing that song when she is a teenager. :)
ReplyDeleteWe've video taped some of our sillier moments and made up songs we didn't want to forget, but you've written a beautiful picture of this time. I think she'll love reading this one day!
ReplyDelete