While we were out, Ali J always seemed to wake up hungry when it was time to eat. On Saturday, while I sat in the bedroom nursing her and listening to the adult conversation happening in the other room - I realized that this will be my life ongoing. Pressing the pause button on a regular basis in order to dedicate my time and attention to this new person who needs me. By the time I had returned, my plate was filled while others were finishing - but you know, it was really encouraging to see my old self and the new one melding into one. I ate my dinner happily while my child slept (with a full belly and clean diaper - thanks to Tyler) in the arms of some wonderful friends and family.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Figuring It Out
While we were out, Ali J always seemed to wake up hungry when it was time to eat. On Saturday, while I sat in the bedroom nursing her and listening to the adult conversation happening in the other room - I realized that this will be my life ongoing. Pressing the pause button on a regular basis in order to dedicate my time and attention to this new person who needs me. By the time I had returned, my plate was filled while others were finishing - but you know, it was really encouraging to see my old self and the new one melding into one. I ate my dinner happily while my child slept (with a full belly and clean diaper - thanks to Tyler) in the arms of some wonderful friends and family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment