Monday, January 10, 2011

A Night Out with the Girls

I didn't think to snap a picture of the girls,
but feel free to enjoy this one of Aliyah's sweet get-up

I really enjoyed my time out with a few of my wonderful friends last week. While my sweet dove spent the evening with her daddy, I enjoyed time with the girls catching up, eating frozen yogurt, and reminiscing about our time at Baker.

I can probably count on one hand how many times I have been away from Aliyah. Not that I am crazy about being apart, there are just not many times when the opportunity arose (and I really don't mind hanging out with the little gal)... Just as I was starting to really relax and enjoy the uninterrupted adult conversation, it was time to go. I reached into my purse to grab my keys as we hugged and said our goodbyes. I was getting ready to wrap my arms around my old college roomie as she laughed, "What the heck is in your hand?!?" I answered, "My keys" as we hugged.

"Do you drive a tonka truck?" she asked. Huh???? I looked down and in my hand and saw a brightly colored plastic key ring that belonged to Aliyah. BAhahahaha... I couldn't stop laughing! How did I not notice?

It made me smile to think of who I am evolving into - laughing with friends with pink shinny lips while wearing my favorite sassy winter boots and a mama with a plastic key ring in her purse and cheerios in her pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment