Oh My... I am WAY overdue an Easter post! We had such a lovely weekend. Sunday was not only Easter, but it was also Tyler's and my SIX year anniversary. Has it seriously been 6 years already?!
I remember the moment the preacher said “I now pronounce you husband and wife!” I bounced on my tip toes and let out the most joyous squeal. Sitting across from my husband the other night and reflecting on our journey together, I still feel the pureness of that moment. From the second I was officially his wife my adoration and love for this man has only grown. Of all the paths I’ve chosen to go down in my life, following the one that lead me to Tyler has given me the most love, beauty and happiness.
Our day was busy and filled with family from both sides - I would often forget that it was also Tyler's and my special day. It is always so fun to watch Aliyah with other family members. She loves them so much and glows when she is surround by those who love her. We had a blast watching her collect eggs and talk about "bunnies!" pointing out any decorations or other items with rabbits on them. She also loved the Easter card my Aunt Annie made for her that we got in the mail and counting the eggs on the front!
Tyler and I did get a lovely home-made card from my mom and many well wishes and congrats from our family. Here is what our Easter/anniversary looked like:
Our little Wonder Woman started out in some Easter leggings and lounging about the house.
Aliyah changed into her Easter dress (a huge thank you to Stephanie Campbell) and we headed to brunch in Lawrence with Tyler's parents, brother, sister-in-law and my parents!
After brunch, we met my brother and his wife at my parents house to dye and hunt for eggs. I love this picture of Aliyah and her Uncle Russell using a white crayon to decorate eggs.
Isn't the back of this dress just delicious!?!
Aliyah was this excited opening EVERY plastic egg - it was so much fun to watch!
Her Easter stash included a variety of different cereals, chips, a banana slice, mini chocolate chips, string cheese, mini marshmallows, goldfish crackers, bunny sprinkles, raisins, olives, baby carrots and quarters (she likes to get a bouncy ball when we go to Old Navy)
Before we left Grammy & Grandpapa's house we all piled in the bathroom (so it would be dark) and filled a few plastic eggs with glow sticks. If you have never tried it, you should!
Our evening ended with snuggles on our couch talking about the fun we had that day and our favorite memories from our wedding. Perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment