Pottery Barn Kids Photo Opp
FORTY WEEKS!!!
I fluctuate between feeling really wonderful, completely content and totally happy to wait as long as she wants - and being miserably uncomfortable (I am blaming the heat).
I have another doctors appointment tomorrow, but will see the nurse practitioner as my OBGYN is still out-of-town. I’m not having any braxton hicks contractions (I also didn't have any with Aliyah) but I feel loads and loads of pressure (something I never really felt the first go around). What does this all mean?!?! Will I go into labor tonight? Next week? WILL I BE PREGNANT FOREVER? I am prepared to go 42 weeks if I have to - I did with Aliyah - but it definitely wasn't this hot. Holy Smokes!
On another note - I have no interest in even hearing the words “induction” until I’m staring 42 weeks in the face. Unfortunately, there are no natural guaranteed ways to start labor and breaking my water or using chemicals to induce labor will just put me at a greater risk for requiring more interventions and lessens my chance of having the natural birth experience that I want. So, we wait. and walk. and bounce on a birth ball. and eat spicy food and lots of pineapple.



Mmmmmmm. Spicy and Pineapple! Does that go with the pickles and ice cream????
ReplyDeleteLove, Dad
Chinese/Thai food do great spicy pineapple!!!
DeleteI was given pitocin (since I had preclampsia they were afraid id be in labor too long without it) and still had a completely natural birth otherwise. You will make the best choice for you and baby, and are amazing to follow, I just wanted to let you know it can be done! And I'm supposedly the biggest wimp in the world ;) ... says my husband. Good luck! -Audrey
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing Audrey!! That is so encouraging to hear. CONGRATS TO YOU :)
DeleteI love love love your attitude! It is so hard that last month... then to have to go two more weeks! It is really challenging, and I've never seen someone do it as well as you. :)
ReplyDelete