It took 9 months for my body to grow and change to accomodate a child. I gained a total of 32 pounds, my bra size went from average to Pamela Anderson, and I’m not going to even take a guess on how much extra booty I’ve acquired.
I was really interested to see how my body would change once Aliyah arrived. The first few days after her birth I had a substantial belly pooch that was really jiggly and squishy - an odd thing to have after so many months of a hard, round belly - but just yesterday my outtie belly button started to go back in and today my entire mid-section feels a little more firm all over.
After all it’s been through, I’m cutting my body some major slack. I’m going to take my time getting back in shape and not beat myself up over a little extra poundage here and there. I haven’t stepped on a scale since Ali was born, and I don’t plan to for a few more weeks.
My exercise routine for the foreseeable future is going to consist of breast feeding, baby carrying, and walking around the neighborhood... but I did want to post a one week post-partum picture as I think it is interesting to see the change.

You look amazing girl! Can barely tell you even had a baby. So happy for you and your cute little family, I am sure lovin' on that cute little girl is the best exercise right now.
ReplyDeleteI love that you took a photo in the same outfit =) It's amazing what our bodies are capable of!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on your exercise tactic; we are *so* on the same page. I'd love a firm belly but let's see...play with Lilly, or... go to the gym. Hmmm. Not a tough call! Besides, having a little pooch gives her something to rest on when I'm holding her up to my shoulder =) I'm willing to bet it helps us balance them when nursing too. Mother Nature works in mysterious ways.
I have my postpartum doctor's appointment on Wednesday, so I'll be getting weighed then. I have absolutely no idea what to expect!
you look beautiful! drink lots of water and keep those calories coming to ensure lots of milk production for that precious girl!
ReplyDeleteAmazing! I'm so jealous! It took me a little less than a year to find time/motivation to lose the weight, then 18 months later was able to get back to my high school weight! You look amazing!!! Breastfeeding is the best weight loss program! But don't get to comfortable with those Pamelas, mine are now even smaller than they were before! lol -Audrey
ReplyDeleteIt is an amazing change... and that exercise plan you have planned works wonders- I can tell you from experience. Congratulations!
ReplyDelete