Thursday, August 5, 2010

Birth Announcements

I’ve accepted the fact that I’m never going to be one of those moms that effortlessly has it all together. So when it came to ordering birth announcements - it was something I wanted to do, but just wasn’t sure I had the time or energy to send out... Or know where to even start for that matter.

When I found some coupons for shutterfly I was thrilled. I desperately needed a little direction - fortunately, they have cute designs and all I had to do was upload photos, type in our info - and voila! Beautiful birth announcements that only took about 10 minutes of my time. They came in the mail 3 days later! Completing this task so easily has me feeling sort of super-momish.

I haven’t even had the mental coordination to send out a Christmas card for the last 3 years so the fact that I’ve accomplished so much (in so little time!) has me feeling like quite the domestic queen at the moment - now if only I can actually get them addressed and in the mail (bah!)

3 comments:

  1. Great job Marcie! The Christmas after we got engaged we sent a picture card as an engagement announcement/save the date. Bright and early the morning after I created and ordered them online I woke up from a deep sleep knowing I had put the wrong date for our wedding on them. I put 6/30/06 instead of 07. I couldn't get them changed at that point so sent them anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOO FUNNY!!!! I read over and over and over the info I typed into this birth announcement just to make sure :) I can totally see myself doing something like that - so glad you went ahead and sent yours out. I am sure they were greatly enjoyed even with the 06!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you just save the birth announcements and send them as your Christmas card? :)

    ReplyDelete