I realized this week that you are officially a real baby now. You recently decided to hang up your newborn status without sending your father and I the memo. I say this because newborns don’t hold their necks up and look around for minutes at a time. Newborns don’t have intense baby babble conversations with that weird little cow thing that hangs from your bouncer. Newborns don’t decide to ROLL OVER after dinner on Monday night.
I will miss my little “sack of flour with a pretty head” as a swaddled and sleepy newborn - but I like this new baby you’ve become. You are turning into a real firecracker and I am constantly amused by the big personality that is pouring out of my little girl.
Currently, your favorite thing in the entire world are the ceiling fans in our house. They fascinate you in a way nothing else does. You’ve almost figured out how to push your binky back in your mouth using the back of your chubby little hand and you prefer me to sing old Tina Turner and Whitney Houston songs to you over the traditional lullabies. (What’s love got to do… go to do with it? What’s love, but a second hand emotionnnnnnnnnn!)
Sometimes I think I can actually see you growing right before my very eyes. The whole world is opening up to you and we have been standing right there, watching with amusement and joy as you soak it all in. You are one heck of a baby Miss Aliyah Jacquelyn and I am one lucky mama.
I will miss my little “sack of flour with a pretty head” as a swaddled and sleepy newborn - but I like this new baby you’ve become. You are turning into a real firecracker and I am constantly amused by the big personality that is pouring out of my little girl.
Currently, your favorite thing in the entire world are the ceiling fans in our house. They fascinate you in a way nothing else does. You’ve almost figured out how to push your binky back in your mouth using the back of your chubby little hand and you prefer me to sing old Tina Turner and Whitney Houston songs to you over the traditional lullabies. (What’s love got to do… go to do with it? What’s love, but a second hand emotionnnnnnnnnn!)
Sometimes I think I can actually see you growing right before my very eyes. The whole world is opening up to you and we have been standing right there, watching with amusement and joy as you soak it all in. You are one heck of a baby Miss Aliyah Jacquelyn and I am one lucky mama.

Congrats Aliyah! That's a big step ... or should I say roll? Marcie, I bet you two are having so much fun watching her change so quickly!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I absolutely love those pictures, especially the first one! That face is perfect! You should be so proud of your baby girl and I can't wait for Emerson to start smiling and interacting more!
ReplyDeleteMarcie, what else would you expect from a baby that has two rock and "Roll" parents. She's rolling and you guys ROCK. Love Grandpa
ReplyDeleteMarcie...send me those two pictures...I LOVE those blue eyes!!! She looks so cute in her hat! Give her a kiss from Grammy!!! Hugs all around. See you all on Wednesday when we get back. Love to all. Grammy xoxo
ReplyDelete