Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Faith

Just a short note to you today, my sweet Ali-gator. Inside of me, the sweet moments of being your mother and Tyler's wife are mixed with worry for what this world holds for you as you grow up. You will see things in your life that you have little or no control over... I have seen a catastrophic oil spill in the gulf, tragic natural disasters in Haiti and New Orleans and I’ve felt an overwhelming sadness as I have followed a blog about a sweet kiddo who lost her battle with cancer.

Oh how I wish I had the power to protect you from everything. I wish I was strong enough to fight off every physical harm and smart enough to cure any ailment that may find you.

I wish my love for you was enough to keep it all away.

Even with all of the tools and technology of this modern world, often the only thing that brings me comfort is prayer. I have asked God more times than I can count to please let you grow to be a very old lady, to let your heart experience the same kind of love I feel for you and maybe, if possible, let your father and I be around long enough to see those things happen.

Sometimes on this journey called motherhood, the only thing that keeps me from feeling so incredibly small is putting my faith in something so incredibly BIG.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment