This couponing thing is getting quite exciting as I start to really see the abundance of great deals fall into my lap. Reading through the coupon blogs that I have marked as 'favorites' on my computer, I know that I have only gotten my toes wet compared to what is possible - I totally get how this can become addicting... especially after the trip Tyler, Aliyah and I made to CVS last Wednesday evening when we MADE money!!
It all started last week when I went into CVS b/c I had a few coupons. I walked out of the store with 2 boxes of FREE Wheat Thins and paid .50 for 2 boxes of Cheez-Its. But the best deal was the print-out from the store offering a $25 gift card to CVS if we started a prescription at their pharmacy.
It just-so-happened that Tyler needed a prescription filled and I had found some great match-ups with my coupons at CVS this week - hence, the Wednesday evening trip to see what kind of magic we could make happen.
We paid $5 for the prescription and got the $25 gift card (FREE MONEY)
(4 Sobe drinks free... I actually made .99 when buying the gum... bought some baby stuff as gifts for pregnant friends along with some wash for Miss Aliyah - oh! and a snack for Tyler & me)As I was trying to calculate everything in my head while we walked back to the car I asked Tyler, "So do you think that was a good deal?" Tyler quickly replied while briskly putting the bags in the car (with his head down) "Just get in the car, I will explain it on the way home."
Whoa... what was that all about?!?
We get in the car and I soon realize that Tyler felt he had completed some top-secret covert mission - very proudly, "We can't tell anyone what we did... we made money off of CVS... Do you realize that we spent $5 and walked out with $15 in our pocket?!?"
I started laughing. GOOD! That is what I have been reading about in all those coupon blogs. This is why I spend an hour or so clipping each week. This is why I have color tabs to help organize all my clipped coupons - YEAH!
And on a side note, there are people that coupon who are not always honest about the deals they get... and I don't recommend it! I have never been one to stumble outside the lines when it comes to being honest. You can truly get a GREAT deal with a little work saving coupons and looking for sales - I have proof!!
When our trip was finished, we left with $15 that we didn't have when we entered the store (about $11 eb - money the store gives you to come back and spend - and $4 left on our gift card from the pharmacy)
Whoa... what was that all about?!?
We get in the car and I soon realize that Tyler felt he had completed some top-secret covert mission - very proudly, "We can't tell anyone what we did... we made money off of CVS... Do you realize that we spent $5 and walked out with $15 in our pocket?!?"
I started laughing. GOOD! That is what I have been reading about in all those coupon blogs. This is why I spend an hour or so clipping each week. This is why I have color tabs to help organize all my clipped coupons - YEAH!
And on a side note, there are people that coupon who are not always honest about the deals they get... and I don't recommend it! I have never been one to stumble outside the lines when it comes to being honest. You can truly get a GREAT deal with a little work saving coupons and looking for sales - I have proof!!
When our trip was finished, we left with $15 that we didn't have when we entered the store (about $11 eb - money the store gives you to come back and spend - and $4 left on our gift card from the pharmacy)

Wow. Talk about great deals! I'm eager to try some of your 'tricks' when we move back!
ReplyDeleteisn't it fun?? great job!
ReplyDeletelove coupons, sad i didn't use them years ago!
ReplyDelete