I’m so stubborn (and maybe a little more vain than I thought I was) but I really beat myself up over it. I don’t know how many of you watch the E! reality show Kendra, but the scene where all of her beautiful friends have come to visit and she’s crying in the bedroom while holding onto her belly pooch and telling her husband “I don’t feel pretty” after the birth of her son - Well that was EXACTLY what was going down in our home too.
It was silly and maybe a bit irrational - but that’s how I honestly felt, no matter how much I tried to pretend like I didn’t care. So my goal was to lose the lingering 10 pounds I had gained with pregnancy (NOTE: I gained 32 pounds total but still had 10 to lose about 1 month after she was born). I tried doing this workout video in our living room. (Talk about hilarious - I am SO not graceful) I also cut out my “snacking” and walk more (although - I admit it was hard to give up a sweet treat after dinners).
Breastfeeding has been wonderful in helping me slim down too - My belly is finally starting to look a little flatter - (and until then ALL HAIL THE SPANKS!) I’ve currently lost 5lbs of the 10 that I had left to lose and I’m ok with stopping there. I decided I’d like to keep this booty and boobs I’ve acquired and if that means I weigh more - so be it. I recently went out and bought some larger sized jeans and tops and I’m no longer having body-image pity parties in our bedroom.
I feel good now. Every woman has her own opinions on what is her "ideal" body weight, myself included. Now I look in the mirror while changing clothes and realize that maybe my ideal has shifted. I like these curvier hips and having a real-life actual butt and cleavage.
So I’m happily keeping the 5 pounds I gained with growing a child and enjoying the fact that I’ve got a little more BA-DOW! in my favorite black dress. This body of mine has accomplished some pretty amazing feats in the last year and I’m through with giving it a hard time and ready to start embracing its awesomeness.
Yours in hips and boobs,
M.I.

Love it. Couldn't help but smile. I'm enjoying embracing the body motherhood has brought me- stretchmarks and all :)
ReplyDeleteOh yeah- and I think you look AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteGreat picture of the two of you.... beautiful all the time! Love you! xoxo
ReplyDelete