EEEK! I am a little late posting today... it's been a busy but fun weekend! Here are a few pictures of the shower for Baby Chase and his wonderful mommy:

The Grandma-to-be and our awesome friend Megan:

Beautiful Amy:

After spending the weekend in the presence of my adorable 8 month pregnant friend, and watching her constantly run her hands over her belly, I starting reminiscing on what my favorite things were about being pregnant. While I love not having to pee every ten seconds, sleeping on my stomach, and fitting into my favorite dresses - there are a few things that I really miss:
1. Feeling Aliyah move in my belly every time I laid down to sleep
2. Having perfect strangers smile at me constantly and offer congratulations
3. Those awesomely comfortable maternity jean waistbands (especially as I think about Thanksgiving & Christmas gatherings coming up).
4. Constantly wondering what she would look like and whose features she’d inherit
5. I always got a kick out of reading my weekly email about how Aliyah was growing & how it compared her size to a piece of fruit/vegetable
What do you miss most about pregnancy?
Waking up to my husband's hands rubbing my tummy, those were his specials times with Owen before he was born.
ReplyDeleteI am just trying to take it all in because I know before too long Chase is going to be here and it will be exciting and wonderful but I am sure their will be things that I miss about being pregnant! Thanks so much for a wonderful shower! Everything was so beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteI think you covered it. Feeling that baby move. Watching him grow. Planning and daydreaming :) And just so you know I read 'Ah, Pregnancy' and had this split second thought YOU were preggers!
ReplyDeleteSometimes when I'm trying to fall asleep, or I'm at work, (or basically any time Lilly's not right there with me), I think about how she used to be safe in her little cocoon, with me all the time. I miss that.
ReplyDelete