Tuesday, November 23, 2010

We Are Home

On the 7 hour train ride home from Chicago, I sat next to Aliyah and watched as she began to stir a bit and slowly open her eyes after a nap. Her gaze locked on my face and a she shot me an ear to ear grin. I smiled back at her and stuck two of my fingers right on the edge of her carseat and wiggled them, in a second, she had her chubby little fingers wrapped around mine and we just sat there, smiling away. Neither of us had made a sound since she opened her eyes, but there was so much communicated between us in that moment. Even at 6 months old, I have no doubt she knew exactly how her mama felt about her.

Sometimes I feel like there is an invisible line that stretches from her heart to mine. Like a paper cup telephone, whispering our thoughts back and forth. And there is no grander feeling, than watching those little wordless moments unfold just as I had wished them.

More Chicago pictures and stories to come!

1 comment:

  1. So beautifully said. It is like a paper cup communication line hooked up heart to heart! Thanks for answering! Love you to piecese. xoxo

    ReplyDelete