Monday, January 17, 2011

A Helpful Daddy

‎I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

On the weekends Tyler always wakes up first, grabs Aliyah and the two of them spend some quality daddy/daughter time together. It is fabulous for them and of course I appreciate any extra minutes I get to sleep in! Today, Tyler didn't have to work so we were able to stretch out our weekend - yeah!

Aliyah is usually still in her jammies when I get up, but recently I’ve awoken to find my dear child in the craziest get ups. Her daddy-selected fashion ensembles have included tank tops on cold days, mixes of polkadots and patterns that hurt your eyes to look at together and multiple times I’ve discovered her wearing clothes she outgrew months ago and her baby belly hanging out in all its glory.


However, there really are few things I find more amusing than seeing what kind of silly clothing combos Tyler comes up with.


This morning he managed to squeeze her 20(ish) pound little body into a size 3-6 month shirt. After I stopped laughing, I took a few pictures. Tyler was proud that he matched stripes with stripes. And I’m happy to report that shirt and those pants are now tucked away with the other itty bitty baby clothes.

she is still scooting (backwards)... crawling is coming soon I know it!

4 comments:

  1. When I saw it...I thought that was a good match too...the stripes and all. What a good Daddy Aliyah has! Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool outfit. Just what I would pick out given the opportunity!!! Good taste Tyler! Not only that, getting the most wearable hours out of those things!!! Love it!

    Love Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh. Josh does the same thing, putting stripes with floral prints, purples with orange or brown, and so on. The best part is when he's excited to show me his latest ensemble that he's sure will fit my standard of coordinating. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete