Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Weekend: Part One

Fridays have been so much fun these past three weeks since Tyler has been able to get off work early. This past Friday, Aliyah and I picked him up and went to Crown Center to see the Easter Bunny. I can sum up this experience in two words - Stranger Danger!
Aliyah and her friend, Matthew, had more fun playing with each other and sharing Cheerios than visiting with the bunny.
Aliyah took a better picture after the Easter Bunny went on break, although I wish I wasn't hogging the middle of the bench - oh well.
The three of us decided to go exploring for a new cafe and ran into this cute strip of shops with Cafe Europa on the end.
Aliyah had a "costume change" and then we all had lunch. It was really good! There is something about hanging out with Tyler during the afternoon on a weekday that feels a little like we are breaking some kind of rule... or skipping class... not that I know what that feels like...
Toward the end of our meal, we were the only people in the cafe, so we let Aliyah down to do some exploring of her own.
Being a cafe/bakery, we had to grab a pastry before we left. Tyler ordered a chocolate cupcake with strawberry icing and I devoured an apricot bar. We really are doing a great job of changing our eating habits so every once-in-a-while we don't feel guilty to treat ourselves.
Stay tuned for Part Two tomorrow to see more of Aliyah's sweet Easter dress, a beautiful handmade blanket and other fun goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment