Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Healthy Eating: Healthy Living

I am not on a diet... I have decided to change some of my eating habits - and I am so excited about it all. The best part about making this decision is that Tyler is also excited and and we are supporting each other in our journey on healthier eating.

Our new way of eating/living includes dropping dairy and red meat and eating a lot more raw fruits and vegetables. You maybe thinking, "Whoa, Marcie! No milk? Milk is good for you - how will you get enough calcium?"

I was never a big milk drinker so that wasn't a huge change (although I do like cheese/yogurt) there are things you can easily substitute if you get a craving. I am getting more calcium now than I ever had before by drinking a green smoothie every morning. Plus there are many veggies that can provide you calcium that are drastically lower in fat than milk.

Aliyah with a green smoothie gotee
Did you see the new recipes that I added to harmony of the home today?

Our first raw meal that Tyler and I made together were these stuffed red bell peppers. We both really loved them! When you are eating raw, that means the food has not been cooked or heated over 115 degrees ferinheight containing all their original nutrients.


We are trying to incorporate a lot of raw meals but since we still are eating white meat and seafood, we have found some other great healthy recipes that are dairy free like this lemon tuna bake.


I have learned so much about raw eating from my amazing and beautiful friend, Callie. She has an incredible background story and has been through a lot when it comes to food. This girl knows her stuff!! Her blog (rawxy.com) has tons of recipes and tips for foxy raw eating. She makes and sells these rawxies: gluteen free. soy free. animal free (don't they look delicious?)


If you are in the Kansas City area Callie is available for consulting and will be holding beginner food demo classes the next 3 Tuesday evenings through Spirit of Health for only $10 a class (April 12th: salads & dressings - April19th: juices & smoothies - April 26th: desserts, candies & cookies)

Rawy.com is having it's first blog givaway!!!!! check it out HERE and enter to win some rawxies and a foxy raw t-shirt. Thanks Callie for the great givaway and all the wonderful things you are doing with you vast knowledge on healthy living!

1 comment:

  1. Marcie - Thank you so much for this beautiful post! :) I am so behind on my blog reader, that I'm mildly embarrassed I am just now seeing this!

    I am so excited for you and Tyler (and of course, baby Aliyah) for the inclusion of high raw food within your diet! And, I can't wait to continue reading about your experimentation's - it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete