Friday, August 10, 2012

A Little Nesting

I already posted pictures of the girls' shared bedroom - that was one of my first projects and I should really take pictures of the playroom we have been working on, but there are a few more things I want to do first. So for now I will share some of the projects I have done (with Tyler's help) the past few weeks to transform our living room and add a little more color.

A serving tray that I made from an old cabinet door. A little crackle paint and two teal door knobs I found on sale at Hobby Lobby on each end. I really loved how this turned out!

I found the teal and black box from Target to hold Aliyah's Disney DVDs. I found these old fashion swing doors from ReStore that I painted teal for a little extra color in that corner of the living room. Large shutters would probably look very similar to this.

For the mantel I put up some of our music records and found a few unique vases from Good Will. We bought two different colors of teal paint and painted the inside of the bottles by spooning the paint inside and swirling it around until the walls were fully covered. We poured the extra back in the paint can and let them dry - easy! I found the birdcage at Home Depot on sale in their summer section... I made the "i love us" sign and found the wooden figures for cheep on etsy.

We also added a beautiful throw to the couches and painted some candle sticks that I didn't get a picture of. I made this ruler using a 2x4, stain and a paint pen. Some of the lines are a little crooked but I think it turned out great! We are going to use it as a growth chart to track our kids heights! The teal banner under the old window that we turned into a picture frame is from Aliyah's 2nd birthday - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment