Sunday, August 12, 2012

Another Beautiful Day

I gave birth to Aliyah 1 day shy of 42 weeks. I am exactly 1 day away from that today. Well, today actually would be the day that I started labor with Aliyah at 5am and then just under 24 hours later, she arrived! While I continue to make every effort not to compare my pregnancies (how could I anyway - they've been so different!) the time that I carry babies seem to be similar with these two.
Even though there was no baby today, Tyler and Aliyah made it a special one! We went to a world breastfeeding celebration at Loose Park in the morning. We really had a blast watching Aliyah play with bubbles, color with friends and run through the park. The swings and slides are always her favorite. The weather was gorgeous and it was great to run into a few familiar faces.
One of our favorite restaurants is Europa Cafe but we just don't get to eat there very often as it is a little ways away from our house. Since we were in the area, we decided to grab lunch there (they have the BEST pastries!) as a special treat. Tyler stopped in the flower shop next door and surprised me with a beautiful rose. Aliyah and I shared a spinach & garlic pizza while Tyler enjoyed a spinach & feta quiche and a cup of tomato, basil soup... yummm!!
We headed home with Aliyah singing in the back seat until she fell asleep. We all took a nap and then woke up to eat our pastries that we saved from Europa Cafe - the best afternoon snack ever! We then decided to drive by the Midwest Balloon Fest and watch the hot air balloons take off before dinner. The excitement that poured out of Aliyah as we watched and counted the balloons was priceless.
Dinner was pretty low key, then a walk around Target finished our day. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like Everly is missing all the fun....Hurry, baby! We're waiting! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect Saturday! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete