Monday, December 28, 2009

The First 20 Weeks with the Doctor



A few of my newly pregnant friends have asked what to expect at the doctor's... when was my first appointment, etc... I thought I would share what I did the first 20 weeks



5 weeks: gave lots of blood - asked questions - received a starter bag w/tons of fun goodies for new moms

9 weeks: got to see our baby on an ultrasound and see the flutter of a heartbeat... our baby looked like a little gummy bear :)

13 weeks: no ultrasound but we were able to hear the heartbeat for the first time - AMAZING!

17 weeks: no ultrasound but got to hear the heartbeat for the second time... just as amazing as the first time we heard it!! We were also given the option to test for Down Syndrome (we declined).

Next appointment: 21 Weeks...
we are looking forward to finding out if we have a son or daughter!!

1 comment:

  1. You have a lovely journal here. This will always be a joy to you both...and someday to your children. Keep journaling...it is a treasure! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete