“You belong among the wildflowers, You belong in a boat out at sea, You belong with your love on your arm, You belong somewhere you feel free ”Tom Petty
Now when I listen to this song, I not only think of Tyler's and my journey together – but of the one we are making with you. We’ve actively sought out our definition of happiness, wrapped our arms around it, and have done our best to cultivate it into a life together. Now our task is to raise you with the same desire to seek and find those people, places, and experiences that will define your own personal joy.
I promise that we will always support your journeys and opportunities for self discovery - be they in far away places or in our backyard. I play this song for you over and over in the hopes that these words are already seeping in and growing with you.
When you are ready, sweet baby, the whole wide world will be waiting for you.
What beautiful thoughts and feelings. I love the Petty song...I think dad is searching for the tabs right now. Can't wait to hug all of you! xoxo
ReplyDelete