Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Fun Baby Resources

Today I thought I’d share some fun pregnancy & baby related resources with those of you with your own little bun in the oven (or those of you who are thinking about getting knocked up in the near future) These are the online resources that I have found to be valuable as we navigate our way through pregnancy and into parenthood.

* My favorite “What the heck is going on with my baby this week?” website: ivillage pregnancy guide. Some of these week by week website are down right silly (comparing my baby’s brain size to that of Paris Hilton’s, I mean - come on!) or packed with advertisements. I like this one because it is consistent, has pictures, interesting facts, and pertinent information. Another website that is pretty similar: Pregnancy Today.

* My favorite “I want to check out some cool baby stuff” website: Ohdeedoh. I love this site - full of nursery inspiration, cool kid toys, projects, and general baby/kid related coolness. I check it often and have found a lot of great ideas and products.

* My favorite “I need some comprehensive pregnancy advice” website: Ask Dr. Sears. This website offers info on pregnancy stages, labor & delivery, breastfeeding, infant care and more. I am love checking this site and the information available here.

* My favorite “Place to shop online for gorgeous baby stuff” website: Fawn & Forest. Totally enamored with everything on this site - the handmade offerings, their eco-friendly commitments, the gorgeous furniture, toys, clothes, etc - all of it.

* My favorite “I want to talk to other pregnant ladies” website: The bump. Every now and then I just get the urge to chat it up with other preggos about things only pregnant women care to talk about like eating an entire box of fudgesicles.

* My favorite “Cloth diapering resources, recommendations, & helpful info” website: All about Cloth diapers. Cloth diapering is a lot easier than you think! Economical and WAY better on the environment. Top that off with the wide availability of super cute, colorful diaper covers instead of plain ‘ol plastic diapers and you’ve got an ideal diapering option!

* My favorite “Babies are expensive. Give me a good deal!” website: Baby Steals. It’s baby products deals and discounts. Everyday they email you with a special or discounted baby related item.

These are just a few. I’d love to hear what websites and resources other ladies have found to be helpful for them. Please feel free to share in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to check these out. The only one I've used is The Bump. But you didn't mention Baby Center! You need to check it out. They send me my weekly updates and I joined a group for April 2010 moms.. on the late sickly nights it gave me plenty of good reading, (after I'd maxed out all my prego books on my current week or month).

    ReplyDelete