Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes (Knees & Toes)

It’s a good thing ultrasound machines exist. Otherwise, I would have a very distorted image of my daughter based on what it feels like is inside my uterus. All week long I’ve watched in amazement as hard little humps and ridges have formed on the otherwise smooth, rounded horizon of my belly. Sometimes she’ll stretch out and push against me under the ribs on my right side, and in the lower left portion of my belly at the same time.

Tyler admitted to me that in the middle of the night, when I am asleep, he’ll find my belly and he and Aliyah will have their own time together - with her kicking against his hand and him tapping back at her (with me blissfully unaware the entire time). I love the thought of that - as if the two of them are already developing secret handshakes or some form of father/daughter code that will exist only between the two of them.

This little, growing girl of ours is so strong now. I’m almost certain that she is on her way to becoming an arm wrestling champion or a power lifter.

No comments:

Post a Comment