1. We Changed Detergents
![]() |
| we LOVE rockin green |
I could not figure out for the life of me what we were doing wrong and almost threw in the towel all together.... until I read the cloth diaper detergent chart
Our detergent was almost out and we needed to order more. We had been using Charlie's Soap, but I was curious about the detergent chart. The section for Charlie's Soap warns that some parents have reported burns on their babies - ahhhhhhhhh!!! Aliyah has shown no other signs of having sensitive skin. I felt so terrible - why hadn't I thought about the detergent before?
I stripped the diapers (a deep clean with bleach and dawn dish soap - I will explain that in more detail later) - no burns - then I made sure I was using the correct measurements explained on the Charlie's Soap website for sensitive skin - but the burns came back. I threw all the diapers back in the wash for another deep clean and then used our new detergent: Rockin' Green: Bare Naked Babies (unscented). TIP: If your little one is really sensitive, try their Soft Rock. We threw Charlie's Soap away and now have a smooth baby bottom again - Thank goodness!!
2. We Added More Diapers
| Aliyah in her new bumGenius diaper |
We still use our gDiapers but the bumGenius are definitely preferred. Having more diapers to choose from has made the life of cloth diapering that much easier.
3. We Went Back to Using Disposables at Night
| the Inzers hanging out in our jammies |


All sounds familiar ;) We still use disposables at night too and we use Soft Rock and love it! Glad you are enjoying the BG and even better that your inserts fit!
ReplyDelete