Monday, March 14, 2011

A Happy Birthday Letter


My Dear Sweet Husband,

When I was a little girl, I played make believe.
I pretended to cook and clean and to be a Mommy to my baby dolls.

I imagined a man, a husband. He was brave and strong and very handsome. And he loved me.

It was a dream.

And some might call this dream a silly fairy tale or the immature longings of a girl who loved romance.

But I call it my life.

You are the first to hold me when I am afraid.
You are my encourager when I doubt myself.
You are the one who made me, Mama.

I am not a little girl anymore.
But I can’t help but think of the things I didn’t dream about...

I didn’t dream that I would hear my husband praying for me as I dozed off to sleep.

I didn’t dream that my husband would happily join my side to help fold stacks of laundry.

I didn’t dream that my husband could cheer me up with a twirl around the living-room.

I didn’t dream that my man would be a Sheridan's fairy, delivering sweet treats in my moments of need.

Today you turn 27 years old. And more than anything, I want you to know that I love you more than I ever dreamed.

You are a man among men. You stand out as you lead our family. You are my heart, my life, my best friend, my soul mate.

You are unique and beautiful.
You are a hero in my world.
And you are mine.

Happy Birthday, Husband.

Thank you for making my dreams come true.

1 comment: