The three of us have actually been in Breckenridge, CO on vacation with Tyler's family since this past Sunday. The Inzer family have been coming here to ski/snowboard during spring break each year since Tyler was in high school. I have loved joining in on this family tradition. Even though I will not be snowboarding this trip, I have found a bunch of fun things for Aliyah and I to do during the day.
The Story...
Tyler and I were upstairs in our room of the condo getting ready (I was still laying in bed, actually) while Aliyah was downstairs playing with family. The Culprit:
![]() |
| NOT child proof :( |
I heard screaming and shouts for me to come downstairs. Definitely not the best way to wake up on your first day of vacation. My heart was racing when Aliyah would refuse to nurse (that usually fixes everything). Tyler rushed over wanting to help when I said that I thought we needed to find a doctor. We gathered Aliyah's things and I barely got to brush my teeth before we piled in the car to get to the emergency room at the base of peek 9.
I am getting choked up now just thinking back to the panic I felt that morning and remembering seeing the tears in Tyler's eyes. I knew I had to hold it together at the time because Aliyah would feed off of my emotions and she would be looking to me for comfort - I had my cry when it was all over and my little Ali-gator was curled up asleep in my arms.
She ended up with second and first degree burns on her hand and a new bff...
I feel equally bad for those who were playing with Aliyah that morning. They have really beaten themselves up about it. But this is life... and things happen.
I can't help but think of Aliyah's favorite, Frank Sinatra "I just pick myself up and get back in the race... that's life..." and my sweet aliyah has done just that!



What a brave girl (and mommy and daddy)! So glad she is doing well!
ReplyDeleteMarcie, so sorry to hear about Aliyah's trip to the ER, but it sounds like she is on the mend. If you remember, I fell in the oven when I was about 2 or 3 years old, and I turned out fine. Your mother ran across the street to help me and my mother. And on another note, Alex went to the ER when he was little and got a stuffed animal from them, he carried that thing around for years. Good Luck, and happy healing!
ReplyDeleteOK.....no more ironing or cooking for her!
ReplyDelete