Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Walking

Aliyah put one little foot in front of the other last week and walked across the bricks at the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead, exactly two weeks before she turns 12 months old.

Just to make sure it wasn’t a fluke, her daddy practiced with her all weekend long. He really wanted to see her walk since he missed it the first time. Finally, while we were out waiting for the engraving on my Mother's Day gift (we celebrated again this weekend since Aliyah was sick last weekend), Aliyah took about four steps towards Tyler! I don’t think I’ve squealed so loudly since the first time we got her to laugh.

These recent events have also put our baby proofing into high gear. We spent some more time this weekend making sure that our house is really ready for a tee tiny walker. A page has turned in our story, a new chapter begins: Aliyah goes upright.
I happened to be taking pictures of Aliyah when she decided to take off! I was so excited, I snapped a couple shots and then remembered that my camera has a video option. I only caught her last step of about five little shuffles. I have been watching it all week: We are so proud of her!

1 comment: