Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Project Shared Nursery

We have been a couple of busy birds at the Inzer nest...
I have gone through all of Aliyah's old clothes and have set-up everything our new little lady will need for her first 6 months - I forgot how tiny all those little outfits are! Since the girls will be sharing a closet, it took a little creativity (and cramming) but we have made it work with a large dresser, extra tubs/shelves in the closet, and a small night stand with two drawers. I am so excited about this room. I am almost ready to share pictures of the whole space... just a few small details left.
I decided to make a blanket with this super soft fabric my friend, Sarah, gave to me (so sweet). I picked up some satin blanket binding and dusted off the 'ol sewing machine. It was pretty fun to make, even if my lines aren't the prettiest. It matches the girls' bedding and I am thinking I may pick up another yard so I can make one for Aliyah too!
Tyler wanted to do something special also and decided to make the girls toddler beds. I found instructions online and he went to town! I know it will be a little while before our new gal will get to enjoy her bed, but I am so glad we made her one too. They are just too cute!! I am so proud of Tyler and all the love he put into these beds. I will post more about them later - not only are they super cute, they were cheep and easy to put together.
Tyler and I upcycled this old storage/entertainment center into a beautiful dress-up closet for the girls. I will share our secrets to this little beauty on another post. We still have a few more things we want to do to finish this, but Aliyah couldn't wait. She put on her most sparkly dress, fur covered shoes and treated us to a fantastic harmonica concert.

NAME ALERT!!! Just to keep you on the edge of your seat, I thought that I would share another piece I have been working on for their bedroom. They each have a monogram letter wrapped in yarn and framed above their bed. I found these letters on clearance at Michael's and with a little yarn, felt and hot glue they have transformed into this:
Keep reading... we will share this babycake's name later this week!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thoughts on when you'll put the girls together? Do you mind me asking if it is out of 'necesity'? I'd really like to get the boys in the same room, though it isn't/won't be a necessity and am not sure when I want to make the change!

    ReplyDelete