It seems like my belly has doubled in size this week. All of a sudden I’m finding it a little difficult to push myself off the couch and my skin is getting itchy from being stretched. We read recently that at about week 23 consistent outside sounds start to become familiar to Aliyah in the womb. Tyler has now increased the frequency with which he makes funny noises and songs and phrases like Aliyyyyyyyyyah….it’s me your daaaaaaaaaaaaad!” against my belly.
She is kicking so much! Yesterday morning I woke up to feel her stretching herself out so that I could feel her pushing on both sides of my belly at the same time. It’s amazing the comfort I find in her movements. Early in my pregnancy I worried how she was doing in there, hoped she was growing and thriving, but had no real assurance other than doctor appointments and ultrasounds. Now I get sometimes hourly reminders that she is alive and well inside of me.
I find myself struggling to put words around the joy it brings to me. These days I am existing inside a happiness unlike anything I have ever known before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment