Sunday, January 24, 2010

Father and Daughter

I started listening to more Paul Simon lately and found this beautiful song!! It is ridiculous that I cannot listen to it without tearing up a little... preg-zilla has completely changed over to a mushy puddle of sensitivity. (SIDE NOTE: I also cannot watch the TV commercial with the dog that is trying to find a secure place for his bone while the song "trouble" plays in the background - Yup that makes me cry every time! I gave up trying to hide my emotions and now just change the channel)

Tyler and I love this song! I feel like it was written especially for him and Ali because there is math in the lyrics - how sweet is that?!?!

I'm gonna watch you shine - Gonna watch you grow - Gonna paint a sign so you'll always know... As long as one and one is two, there could never be a father that loved his daughter more than I love you.
-- Paul Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment