Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Getting Creative: Chalkboard Trays

I saw a chalkboard tray on etsy about a month ago and said “I can make those!” Thanks to a quick trip to a local antique mall and a visit with my in-laws, I collected 6 silver trays for my project (we were one hook short, so the picture is minus a platter). We gave each of them a couple of coats of brown chalkboard paint, used gorilla glue to attach a picture hanger on the back of each one and VOILA! Instant wall art for Aliyah's room.

When she’s older, these will be perfect for drawing little cakes on for a pretend “tea party”

After I explained what I was using these silver platters for to a curious woman at the antique mall, she also suggested that Aliyah could use one or two as serving trays at her wedding some day (if we took off the paint). As sweet as that is... the idea of Aliyah being here in my arms is hard to wrap my mind around - much less her in a wedding gown!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment