1. Bottles have different nipple sizes??
2. What's a doula?!? (medulla oblongata... "poor alligators have all them teeth and no toothbrush")
3. Stretching skin = itchy skin
4. Pee... a.) It is not worth shopping in a store if it doesn't have a restroom b.) Why didn't peeing your pants a little when coughing/sneezing make the main list of pregnancy symptoms? I thought my body was falling apart but I guess this is all pretty common... Welcome to the very unglamorous side of pregnancy - sneeze, pee, change underwear and repeat. I am so over it
5. Unruly, defiant belly buttons
6. Strollers. Never in my life did I imagine I would be eyeing strangers in the mall trying to get a closer look at their kid’s wheels
7. The many different kinds of childbirth classes - the Bradley Method, the Morgan Method, Lamaze, The McMoyler Method, the list goes on...
8. How much people treat you differently when you are pregnant. Random people smile at you. They ask how far along you are. They sometimes pat your belly. They give you their seat in a crowded room. It’s pretty nice, actually.
9. The whole boob thing. I still can’t wrap my head around it... and seem to still be growing at an alarming rate.
10. This baby has to come OUT OF ME. Right now she’s inside but she has to come out. Let me repeat that... she has to COME OUT OF ME. I keep running over this fact in my head, trying to make sense of it. I had the birds and the bees talk a long long time ago - but trying to rationalize and come to terms with what is actually going to happen in a few short months is taking some time. She has to come out... and no matter how it happens, it isn't going to be a walk in the park...

Hey Marcie! I just wanted to tell you that Michael and I have started a Bradley Method course and are realy enjoying so if you are considering I can give you more info!
ReplyDeleteMarcie Jean.....you crack me up! I love reading your thoughts and insights. Thanks for the memories!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
I'm right there with ya, stuck on #10.
ReplyDeleteAlso ~ some advice: Just after peeing, when I'm still sitting, I take advantage of the opportunity to blow my nose safely. You should give this a shot. Lol.
Oh ~ and another thing. What's this belly button you speak of? I don't think I've seen one of those in over four months!!